Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sick

So Shanna, my other office mate, recently spent the night in the Chicago airport due to storms on the east coast and came back with a wicked cold/flu/strep throught. I told her not to breath on my, not even to breath really, but the evil girl didn't listen. And now, my head hurts and my ear hurts and I think I'm getting worse, everything is fading fast, and I'm all alone...No one will ever witness my great death...I should get an oscar. Great.... I better not have what she has.

I was thinking about my first memory of being sick. I was 5 and I got the chicken pox. My brother and I had them together and I remember my mom slathering that nasty pink goo all over our bodies. I don't remember the iching or anything, I just remember the goo and standing in the kitchen waiting for my turn to get more, and then waiting to dry off before going back to the family room to lie down again and watch a movie. I mean with the chicken pox you don't have to sleep all day or stay in your room, you just can't go to school because of the ich and because it's contagious. In fact I got them from my other older brother who got them at school. In a big family, things like that seem to spread around. Like lice, but I never had lice. That's gross.

No comments: