Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Some people are retarded

And I don't mean retarded as in Mentally Handicapped, because I would say mentally handicapped if that's what I meant. Some people are retarded. Especially students. If the office door is closed, which it NEVER is when we are open, then it must mean that the office is closed. Oh wait, what's this? There's a note on the door? What it says that we are closed for this hour to the next for such and such a reason. So why do you knock on the door, incessantly I might add, and then expect me to help you out with something. "The office is closed right now" I say. And then they look at me as if I have some huge booger hanging out of my nose, which granted I might, but I'm pretty sure I don't. Sorry, you are not the queen of sheba, and even if you were the office is closed. I don't care what you need. The office has been closing at this time every week for at least 25 years, it's policy and no, I will not help you when it is closed. "Why", they ask, "why can't you open the door and let me talk to my professors, whom I have to lean on for every little detail". Because you are incompetent. That's the reason. You can't read a sign that's right in your face, you can't come in because the world does not revolve around you, and no, I will not make an exception because if I do it for you, I'll have to do it for everyone, and I'm just not that nice...

No comments: