Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time of our lives...

Well, what an interesting time Irish and I have had being married. The whole marriage thing is great, we get to hang out all the time and I live with the cleanest roomate I've ever had, and he's sweet and nice and thinks of me first. Really...can it get any better? I think not. But our apartment...that's another story. I'm sure by now that the management hates us, but I can't help that all these things keep happening. It all started when we moved in. It was dirty, I mean gross dirty, there was pee on the lid of the toilet (who does that by the way), there were wood chunks in the floor and it was just gross. At 1 in the morning the first night out you could find me scrubbing the tub. Eewww. All in all, six hours of cleaning later, the apartment was livable. Then, the carpets had to be washed, which was nice. After that the toilet over flooded, I mean we're talking two to three inches of toilet water on the bathroom floor. Good thing it was only #1... Poor Irish, I hear the toilet flush and then three minutes later when I go to figure out what happened to him, I'm on the floor laughing because he is stuck on the rim of the tub surrounded by toilet water...gross. And, it was the weekend, so we had to wait a couple of days for it to be officially fixed. Then, there was a mold problem, which creeps me out and made me sick, which they scrubbed off with X-14. I could have done that and not waited four deays. They fixed, a broken towel rung, which was never properly fixed to the wall and now lives on the floor behind the door. They also switched the air conditioning to heat for the winter and so our apartment is now at least 85 degrees at all times, at least we have windows, which remain in a state of perpetual openness. And now an entire wall in the kitchen no longer has power. Which is a big deal when there are only 8 outlets in the entire apartment. Hooray for over priced small apartments. Poor Irish is so angry and frustrated, and I just keep telling him, this is the time of our lives, who cares? We have eachother. Poor guy.... I mean it's not that bad, frustrating at times but not that bad.

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

I DID IT! I DID IT! I finally put up a new post on my blog. I hope you enjoy my sweet. I tried to be a little less downtrodden than usual.