Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Remember?

So...remember how I talked about being life intolerent? I am having one of those weeks, you know? One of those weeks were you wish you could just crawl into a deep dark dank cold lonely hole, curl up into the fetal postition and just dry up and die. I see myself drying up like a prune and then turning into dust... then I wouldn't have to worry any more...that would be great. But then I think about all the loved ones I would leave behind (I'm just a little bit dramatic...) and how sad everyone would be, or at least how sad I would like to think everyone would be...cause who knows how much they are really liked anyway? I mean think of Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" I mean, he was appalled when he realized how hated he was. What if that many people hate me? (I mean not the calibre of course because I don't take money and I love Christmas) But I mean seriously. Do we really know how much people actually like us, or dislike us? I would like to think that in general most people like me, I think I'm a nice person, I like most everyone...but I guess I don't reallly know.
So, in my job, I work behind a desk and help people, students to be exact. And when they want help they hover. When I say "hover" I mean that they stand as close as they can to the desk until you get rid of them by giving them what they want or sending them to the professor. I mean, hello? "I'm on the phone, can you back off the desk for 30 seconds and then I'll help you." "I'm sorry a professor's busy, you'll have to wait, but do you have to pace back and forth like that while you wait?" It really REALLY bothers me. I mean I just need my space and I don't get that there. I mean I understand that it is work, but if I can smell your nasty colonge, then either you put way too much on, or you are way to close to me. Don't get me wrong, not all the students are that bad, ok, not even half of them are. But the ones who hover, you remember those ones, they are the ones who make the day unbearable.

No comments: