Monday, June 05, 2006

Wedding?

For those of you who are thinking about getting married or are planning a wedding, don't. Use the money, run away, go to some tropical island, like Fiji, and get married there. Don't put up with the hassle...It's not worth it. Maybe I've just gotten the downside of things with my dad and all, but I'll tell you what, I am tired of wedding stuff. Again, my mom is contemplating moving the wedding date, but my dad says no. I, don't really care. The ceremony is what's important to me...Sure I guess I want to have my friends and family around me to celebrate the day, but if I could just cancel the whole things and make it easier on my mom (and me) I would, in a heartbeat I would. And, because I am soo busy, I don't have any time to work out, unless I get up and the crack of dawn to get my butt running...Fat chance when I'm so tired already. And I want to look good my wedding night, and I need to work out to get that done, which isn't happening. A cool front came into Atlanta last night, and I went running this morning, which was liberating...I hope to get my butt out of bed tomorrow and do it again. We'll see how I feel in the morning. But I loved the feeling of getting out and just running, I don't have to concentrate or worry about anything but running with good form to get the optimum workout. I don't have to think about the problems my parents have with Irish or the problems he has with them and me... Poor Irish, he doesn't know what to do with me. My parents basically hate him, and that's not an exaggeration, and he's having a hard time with what they say to me, he's afraid of them putting a wedge between us and eventually pulling us apart. It hurts me because I've always stood next to him and supported him, but he still worries, like I haven't proved my loyalty to him. I mean my parents have been on his case, hating him for 2 1/2 years now, and I've stood next to him and stuck up for him the whole time. I just never feel like it's enough for him, he's still going to worry about it no matter what I do or say, it's frustrating. Now, he doesn't ever say anything hurtful or mean about me or my parents, but the poor boy has been through the ringer many times. And I think I may ask too much of him. I just want this whole thing to be done with so I don't have to hear it from my parents anymore, or from him.... Truthfully, I'm just tired...I hope I can make it four more weeks...I stopped my countdown.

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Well Kels, it's a good thing they aren't lining up to marry me or else I'd really have to consider turning the men down. ha ha
Miss you!!