Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer

How sad that I now covet the days of summer when I used to run around the neighborhood with the gang, swim all day and not worry about school for a full three months...Now, I'm a working women. Here I sit, next to Seymore, gazing outside with glazed eyes and a tear for the time that's past. Never again will I have summer like that...My golden tan from the beach is fading fast (Honeymoon) and now I don't have much time to sun bathe, that's what an eight hour day will do to you. Baby steps to 1:15 when I get to take a lunch break. How sad. My first day back and I'm not too too happy to be here. Just seven more weeks till school starts. And seriously, I can't wait. Sad and pathetic I know, but what can I do? I'm doomed to stay a nerd forever, I just hope my nerdiness isn't genetic. But as for me and Seymore, (I know I know Seymore and me) at least we have eachother. And, it looks like we might get an outing today during this time of doomed loneliness and boredom. We'll make it. And I get to celebrate a new holiday next week. Pioneer day. I mean that's cool and all, celebrating the pioneers and all they went through, and I get a day off of work. Mostly, I just excited to celebrate a new holiday. I'm not even sure what I am supposed to do, I'll ask Seymore, she'll know... Whatever it is, I'm sure it's exciting. It's Pioneer day for pete's sake! (Ok, truthfully, it's a little strange, but I'll take a day of work anytime!)

No comments: